Are you looking for a way to create a real impact? A career where you can make a difference in a company, and in society? SixFifty is a FOR GOOD Company, our mission is to make the law more accessible to everyone and anyone. Our legal document automation software helps organizations of all sizes to create and manage top tier legal documents for employment, privacy and more—all at scale.
Our pro bono efforts are truly what sets us apart. Our clients help fund our pro bono efforts to make a difference in the lives of individuals across the United States, by helping real people get the legal documents they need quickly and easily. Our pro bono documents range from tools that help people keep their homes to immigration paperwork, with much more on the way. We believe that access to high quality legal documents should be easy for any company or person. If you agree, join our team!
SixFifty is looking for a paralegal to join our growing legal technology team. SixFifty is the technology subsidiary of the law firm Wilson Sonsini, and the paralegal we hire will be part of our Legal Product team. This role will work on both enterprise solutions for businesses, and pro bono solutions for those who can’t afford legal help.
Impact you will make in this role:
- Conduct research and prepare reports for SixFifty’s Legal Product team.
- Present research findings and reports to Legal Product team and other SixFifty stakeholders
- Keep track of changes in several areas of law, and providing timely updates on these changes.
- Draft language for use in our document automation tools.
- Act as SixFifty’s liaison with courts in Utah and around the US.
Skills you will bring to this role:
- Certification or associate’s degree in paralegal studies. Candidates with equivalent work experience will be considered.
- 2+ years of experience in a paralegal role
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Comfort working with new and emerging technologies
- Ability to look for innovative solutions to complicated problems
- Proactive team player who can work well independently and in a team environment
- Editing experience
- Working knowledge of employment and privacy law
- Experience with document automation
- Passion for doing pro bono legal work
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
At SixFifty, we want people who care and are kind. People matter to SixFifty—our customers, our colleagues, and ourselves. To better align our values, and to allow them to have true meaning, we have personalized our company values by our audience.
To Our Customers
- Be Empathetic
- Be Invested
- Be a Doer
To Our Colleagues
- Be Kind
- Be Considerate
- Be Forgiving
- Be Balanced
- Be Healthy
- Be Fulfilled
At SixFifty, we celebrate diversity and strive to provide everyone with an opportunity to excel. We have taken the Parity Pledge and the Fair Shot Pledge, as additional commitments to be more inclusive of people from all backgrounds.
What are our employee perks?
- Remote first, office friendly workstyle (work anywhere in the United States)
- Office setup allowances
- Every employee gets equity -- yup that could be you!
- Annual ski day and lots of team bonding events
- 15 company holidays (including Juneteenth, Indigenous People Day, and Veterans Day to name a few)
- Parental leave
- *Primary Care Provider - 16 weeks
- *Secondary Care Provider - 6 weeks
- 100% company paid HSA medical plan and a generous contribution to a copay medical plan with minimal employee contributions
- 100% company paid dental plan
- 100% company paid life insurance
- Vision availability
- 100% company paid Short-Term and Long-Term disability
- Flexible PTO (We don’t count your days, #adulthood), and as work life balance and health are company values -- 2 weeks time off is mandatory ;)
We have an amazing team, and would love you to join our ranks! If you are excited about our mission and what we have to offer, feel free to apply to an open position or drop us a line. Can’t wait to hear from you!