Event Marketing Manager
Are you enthusiastic, energetic and love creating experiences?
Employment Terms - full time at our HQ in Salt Lake City
SixFifty, a technology subsidiary of the legendary global law firm Wilson Sonsini, is looking for a team-oriented Event Marketing Manager who can also help with Public Relations. Other marketing experience (design, copy writing, email marketing, etc.) is a plus, but not required. This is a full-time position at our HQ in Midvale, Utah, with remote-work opportunities potentially available.
SixFifty prioritizes employee health and well-being. Due to COVID, we’ve taken precautions to provide a safe working environment. If you have reservations about working in an office, let us know.
You’ll enjoy this role if you…
• Embrace fun, and fast-paced, collaborative teams
• Are able to work independently, but yet function well collaboratively.
• Think strategically, and consider your audience
• Have strong opinions that are loosely held
• Subscribe to the idea that “a good plan, violently executed now, is better than a perfect plan next week.”
Your day-to-day is…
• Planning and managing all of SixFifty's in-person events and partner events. You may also work on internal events, but our team is small. Most of our need is for external events like conferences and conventions.
• Identifying earned speaking opportunities at conferences and other thought leadership events.
• Finding and applying to awards in order to elevate SixFifty's profile.
• Gathering leads from events and delivering them to Marketing and Sales leadership.
• Bringing a sales and growth mentality to Events, including calling and emailing prospective event hosts and partners and relevant media.
• Building relationships with media contacts in order to grow coverage of SixFifty's events and SixFifty's brand.
You’ll be successful in this role if you have…
• 2–5 years of event marketing experience. Ideally working in technology, but we're open to nontraditional backgrounds.
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or applicable experience
• A robust portfolio of past work